Sunday, March 29, 2009

Let it Snow Let it Snow Let it Snow!!!!




So "Mother Nature" decided to dump almost a foot of snow on Tulsa in less than 8 hours!
I went to a Preteen leadership conference at the church on Saturday at 9 am and it started snowing. By 2 pm I was trudging through the snow trying to get in my little car with a one-foot snow drift on the driver's-side door.
It was the perfect snow for snowballs and snowmen and at church this morning it made my heart melt (along with the snow because it is almost gone now) when the children were telling their stories of their first-ever homemade snowmen.
Growing up in Ohio, you take advantage of all the snow and just pass it off as a normal, every-year thing. Here in Oklahoma it is like a freak of nature to get anything past 2 inches.
I am so happy we had a day where the kids could go out and enjoy one of God's beauties. I am even more happy it won't stay around for weeks on end like it does in Ohio :)

1 comment:

Rachel said...

And it was gone before we knew it! That was the fastest snow melt I have every seen!!! :)